Find below the portrait of the rapper JUL:
Name: Julien Marie
Place of birth: Marseille, France
- In his career, he made several collaborations with renowned French rappers, such as Soprano, Master Gims or Alonzo.
- Jul is from the Saint-Jean-du-Désert district of Marseilles. He began his career in the rap “business” after working with his father in a construction sites for swimming pools.
- In February 2017, Jul received the Best Urban Music Album Award at the 32nd Victoires de la Musique.
- Say “#Djoul”.
- Jul became known in the French rap world with his first success released in November 2013, a piece called “Sors le cross volé”. The video clip has been viewed more than 20 million times by Internet users since he put it online a year before.
- Unlike the typical bling-bling kind of rap, where the video clips show very often big cars and young half nude girls, JUL shows in his clips a more realistic world where we can see the difficulties of some French disadvantaged neighborhoods, where the motorcycles and the “neighborhood atmosphere” are well represented.
- Great supporter of the Olympique de Marseille soccer team.